In the development of mechanical crimping tools, we strive for the best quality and ergonomics in the actual pliers, and the best characteristics in the crimped connection.
The pliers have a built-in locking system that ensures that the entire crimping process is completed - a prerequisite for professional and quality-assured jointing.
With the unique Miniforce tools, a new level has been established regarding ergonomic adaptation to the user and low power requirements. This has meant a decrease in the grip forces in the Miniforce pliers Gxx with up to 30% compared with the previous Exx and is the result of an advanced development process where minimisation of the risks of work-related injuries and the best ergonomics have been the deciding factors. Miniforce type C has longer handles to facilitate two-hand operation, which is often a simple and natural way to reduce the loads.
For quality assurance of our tools, we already certify the manufacture of our crimping tools.
Certification of the crimping tool means that each individual tool is documented at the final assembly and inspection stage with respect to:
• handle pre-load, which is the force needed to ensure that the lock, which prevents a crimp from being interrupted, is not released too early.
• crimp die nest heights, i.e. the maximum height measurements which can be measured in each indentation with the dies pressed together.
The certificate that accompanies the pliers serves several functions:
• crimping tools are often directly introduced upon procurement in a quality management system. Then the tool’s status at procurement shall of course be the first that is noted, to then be followed by regular controls where potential changes can be discovered and addressed.
• the certificate shows that each individual tool meets the requirements in the tool’s basic specifications.
• the certificate states what the most important characteristics are that shall be followed up.
Elpress’ service department offers the possibility of continued follow-up of the quality of the tools.